Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Three Cheese Pizza



So I made this big dinner last night, roasted lemon chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans.  And it got hugely ignored.  I have learned my lesson on making a big dinner on Halloween.  My kids were so excited about their candy they DID not want to eat their dinner.  Don't get me wrong, I made them eat some but next year I am just going to go with the indulgent flow of the night and make pizza!  Speaking of pizza, I made this one a couple of weeks ago and it has become one of my all time favorites!  This is a loosely based on a Martha Stewart recipe I found.  I changed some things and I think it turned out so good.  I always make the typical pepperoni and cheese for Mark and the kids and a small "gourmet" topped pizza for myself, but Mark ended up eating mine!  He said this had such good flavor, that's a huge compliment from him because he is such a meat guy.  This pizza is all about the cheese so it's important to buy the kind listed, even though they're a little pricey.  The results are really worth it!

Ingredients:

1 homemade or refrigerated pizza crust ( Check out my homemade pizza crust recipe, it's really good!)
1 (8 ounce) ball fresh mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 small block fontina cheese ( about 1 cup) found in the speciality cheese section of your grocery store
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
olive oil

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Brush pizza dough with olive oil.  Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until  light golden brown.  Remove from oven and top with cheese ad red pepper flakes.

Place pizza back in oven and bake 5-10 more minutes or until cheese is melted and heated through.  Remove from oven and sprinkle on basil. 

Enjoy! Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment