Tuesday, May 10, 2011

BBQ Meatloaf

I've eaten a lot of meatloaf in my lifetime. My mom made it very frequently growing up. Now I find myself making it a lot too. My kids love it and so does my husband. I decided I wanted to change it up a bit so I tried this version and it's wonderful. It makes a really juicy meatloaf. It's great with mashed potatoes or potato salad, corn, and green beans or baked beans. Switch up meatloaf night with this great dish! By the way, it makes a great sandwich the next day!

Ingredients:

1 pound ground beef
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/4-1/2 cup finely diced onion (optional)
1 egg,lightly beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cans Tomato sauce
3 tablespoons vinegar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.

In a large bowl mix together the ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, egg, salt, pepper, and half of the tomato sauce. Form this mixture into a loaf and place it in a shallow baking dish.

Mix together the remaining tomato sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Pour sauce over the meatloaf.

Bake for 1 hour. Enjoy!

Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment