Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Black Raspberry Vanilla Smoothie

It's starting to warm up here finally! I am a warm weather girl all the way! Just ask my Northern friends that listened to me whine for 2 1/2 years! I love warm weather food. Fresh fruits and vegetables. I love smoothies and so does my family. My kids think they are getting a milkshake. I'm sneaky like that. This can be made with fresh or frozen fruit. Since frozen fruit is cheaper right now and more readily available that's the route I chose. This makes a great breakfast or snack. I often put in a 1/4 cup of instant oatmeal for added fiber. You can also add some protein powder to "Pump you Up". (Anyone else remember that hilarious skit from Saturday Night Live?)

Ingredients:

2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 cup ice

Blend all ingredients together. If it's to thick for your liking you can add some milk or water.

Enjoy!

Print this post

1 comment:

  1. This looks and sounds yum-tastic!! :) It's freezing and rainy here in the Seattle area, but I am dreaming of summer weather, so I might have to make myself one of these. :)

    ReplyDelete