Monday, February 28, 2011

Chicken, Spinach, and Artichoke Flatbread

My family and I spent the weekend in Gatlinburg on a little mini vacation.  I gotta tell you, I love the Smokey Mountains!  I have so many fond memories going there growing up.  It is so beautiful!  Not to mention all the outlet shopping in Pigeon Forge!  Stores are beautiful to ya know.  We had a great time and we got to eat out lots.  Nice for me to get a break from cooking.  The irony is I look through the menus checking out what I can go home and try to recreate.  I saw something like this on the menu at Outback. We did not order it so I could not tell you how theirs tasted or if mine is anything like it.  It did, however, give me some inspiration.  I think it came out really well.  If you like Spinach and Artichoke dip, you will love this.  I used Naan Flatbread.  I bought it at Wally World.  Mine came with two flatbreads.  I do make Naan from scratch often but was short on time today.  Later, I will do a post on it.  Check your grocery or if you can't find it you can use some other type of flatbread.  One, I topped with chicken and the other I left the meat off.  If you get a chance, try this easy recipe.  But even better try to get to the great Smokey Mountains sometime, you will love it!

Ingredients:

1/2 box (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded, divided
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup cooked chicken (optional)
1 package Naan flatbread.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a medium bowl, mix together spinach, cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, salt, pepper and half of the Parmesan cheese.  Spread the mixture on the Naan.  If your using chicken, layer it on next.  Top with remaining Parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and light golden brown.  Serve immediately.

Enjoy!



Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment