Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Rosemary Roasted Cashews



This is a Barefoot Contessa recipe.  I just love her!  She one of those people that I feel like we could be great friends if we ever met.  I mean after all we have so much in common.  We are fabulously rich, have a mansion in the Hampton's, adore our husbands, and love to cook.  OK, so we have two things in common, we adore our husbands and love to cook.  She has so many great recipes that I make and most of them are pretty simple.  I am starting to plan my Thanksgiving menu and this is going to be one of the appetizers I sit out. They are so good with the fresh rosemary and have such a special Holiday feel.  I am going to share my exact menu with you tomorrow and the recipes I have tested.  I will also suggest recipes I have previously tested that I know are great.  If you have any request for a recipe you'd like me to try please let me know.  I hope this helps you get ideas for your Thanksgiving meal!  Stay tuned!

Tips:

If you can't find unsalted cashews, you can use salted,  just omit the salt called for in the recipe.

Ingredients:

1 pound roasted cashews, unsalted
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon melted butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Place nuts on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for about 5 minutes or warmed through.

In a medium bowl combine butter, rosemary, cayenne pepper, brown sugar, and salt.  Toss the warm nuts with the rosemary mixture until the nuts are coated.  Serve warm or at room temperature.

Enjoy!

Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment