Thursday, October 20, 2011

Light Up Mason Jar Jack-O-Lanterns



I love Mason jars.  They are so multi-functional!  I swear they even make drinks taste better.  They make great decorations, perfect storage containers, I could go on and on.  I also love to do crafts.  I am by no means very professional but I find it to be a nice outlet.  These are so cheap to make and they turned out really cute.  I made 6, one for each family member and then one with our last name on it.  You can just paint the faces however you like. You can use these inside or out.  I wanted mine outside, lighting the way for my my trick or treaters this year.  I love children and I really look forward to handing out candy and seeing all the cute costumes.  Last year I was laid up on the couch after a tonsillectomy. (Not a good thing to have done as an adult) So this year I'm ready!  Here's what you need:

Mason jars in different sizes
Acrylic paint
Small paint brush
Sharpie
Battery operated tea lights ( I found mine at TJ Maxx, I'm sure they sell them at Walmart too)


Paint one coat of paint on each jar.  When fully dry, draw faces on jars with the Sharpie.  Don't press down to hard.  Place tea lights in jars. 




Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment