Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sage Cream Sauce



I use this sauce for so many different dishes.  I wanted a sauce that was similar to a Bechamel sauce ( a French white sauce) and an Alfredo type sauce but I did not want to use flour as a thickener for my Gluten free guys and girls out there.  I love sage, and heavy cream and Parmesan cheese are two of the 7 wonders of the world so here is the sauce I came up with.  It is very easy to make and it is DIVINE!

Tips:
 Toss this with your favorite type of pasta, veggies, and or chicken.
 Use with my Pumpkin and Sausage Manicotti.
 Use as a sauce for baked chicken or fish.
 Add toasted walnuts or pecans to sauce.

Ingredients:

2 cups heavy cream ( you can replace some of this with half and half.  It thickens up better with mostly heavy cream.)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
10 fresh sage leaves, chopped
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon butter

Directions:

Combine heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and sage in a medium saucepan over medium heat.  Simmer the mixture until thickened 10-12 minutes.  Remove from heat and add butter.

Enjoy! Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment