Wednesday, August 10, 2011

BLT Bagels with Basil Cream Cheese Spread



This was our dinner last night and we loved it!  Sometimes it's so nice just to have a sandwich or bowl of soup instead of a heavy meal.  We are all trying to recover from the huge meal I made Monday night for Mark's birthday.  I make homemade bagels but store bought work too.  This cream cheese spread is divine!  It goes great on a turkey sandwich too!  Basil is one of my obsession but if you don't like it you can sub in some other herb.  Chives or Dill would be great too.  Ohh, Dill with Ham on a bagel, I think I just came up with my lunch!

Ingredients:

4 Bagels (Any flavor, Store bought or Homemade), toasted
1 Package Bacon, cooked
Fresh Spinach
Tomatoes, Sliced
Basil Cream Cheese Spread

To make spread:  Combine 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, 2 tablespoons milk, and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.  Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.  Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper to taste.  Add 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil; gently stirring to combine.

Spread Cream cheese spread on bagels and top with remaining ingredients.  Dig In!

Enjoy!



Note: Watching what you eat? Try a whole wheat bagel, turkey bacon, and fat free cream cheese. =)

I'm linked up at:
http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/?p=11985 Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment