Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Blackberry and Baby Greens Salad with Blackberry Balsamic Vinaigrette





This was my lunch yesterday because I knew I was going to have a very decadent dinner. (My husband's birthday cake recipe to come)  This salad is a perfect combination of tangy, tart and savory.  It is so fresh and fruity.  It makes a great lunch or salad to go with dinner.  It's great with some grilled chicken on top too.  The vinaigrette is my part.  It is wonderful!  I am obsessed with goat cheese but if you don't like it, Gorgonzola is a great sub.  


Ingredients:

8 cups baby mixed greens
4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
1 cup walnuts, toasted
1 pint fresh blackberries

Directions:

Toss together ingredients and drizzle with dressing.

Blackberry Balsamic Vinaigrette

1/2 cup strained blackberry juice
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste

Mash blackberries through a fine mesh sieve.  Whisk together blackberry juice and remaining ingredients.

Enjoy!


Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment