Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cilantro Lime Rice



I know, I know, I am all about limes this week. I got a huge bag on sale at Wally World.  I love limes.  They are so versatile.  You can use them in anything from breakfast to dessert.  They really pack a flavor punch.  You know what else I love, this rice!  I love the freshness of the lime juice and I am obsessed with Cilantro.  It goes perfect with Mexican food, is excellent with shrimp or fish, and makes a great filler for your tacos.  It's such a nice change from plain old white rice. 


Ingredients:
1 teaspoon butter
2 teaspoons fresh cilantro
1 cup rice
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup fresh lime juice (Approx. 1 lime)
1/2 teaspoon salt


Directions:


In a 2 quart saucepan, heat butter over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted. Add rice and cook for 1 minute stirring often.  Add lime juice, water, and salt.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook covered for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Add cilantro and fluff with a fork.


Enjoy! Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment