Thursday, January 27, 2011

Oven "Fried" Fish with Lemon Cream

As you can probably already tell from this blog, I am a big fan of seafood. I like gourmet seafood dishes but I even like good ol' fried catfish. My husband, however, will not eat it as he says it is a bottom feeder. He does actually have a point there. Even though I am southern and love all things fried, I try not to eat fried foods all that often. This recipe tastes like your eating fried fish without all the guilt! How great is that? I use tilapia for this but I think any type of white fish will do. This is a real quick weeknight meal to pull together. I serve this with buttered parsley new potatoes, green beans, and homemade hush puppies. Yes hush puppies are fried little pieces of heaven. I said I try not to eat fried food that often, I did not say never. =)


Ingredients:

4 tilapia fillets
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cup panko (Japaneese breadcrumbs)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
2 egg whites
Cooking Spray


Sprinkle fillets evenly with salt and pepper. Set aside.

Combine breadcrumbs, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper, and a pinch of ground red pepper in a shallow bowl.

Whisk egg whites in a shallow bowl until frothy. Dip fillets in egg whites, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.

Coat fillets evenly on both sides with cooking spray. Spray wire rack with cooking spray. Place fillets on wire rack on top of a foil lined baking sheet. The wire rack helps make the fish crispier. Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until the fish is golden brown and cooked through.


Lemon Cream Sauce

Ingredients:

6 oz. reduced fat sour cream ( around 3/4 cup)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 teaspoon salt

Mix together all ingredients until well combined. Serve with fish.

Enjoy!




The little fried pieces of heaven.
Print this post

1 comment:

  1. I have been looking for great recipes for fish! Thanks Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete