Monday, September 12, 2011

Rosemary and Walnut Crusted Chicken Salad



I sat and typed this blog last night and I had a hard time focusing on it because we were watching the specials  on 9/11.  It's hard to imagine it's been 10 years.  Almost everyone  I talk to can still remember exactly where they were and what they were doing, including myself.  I had to take a moment to say I will not forget and I will continue to pray for those who are still grieving the loss of their loved ones and the people who continue to fight to keep our country safe.

So let's talk food.  This salad is wonderful! The rosemary and walnuts are a perfect pairing.  This is great on top of a bed of lettuce, as a main dish, or sliced up and placed on top of a big bowl of pasta.  So easy to make too.


Ingredients:
recipe adapted from 4 little fergusons

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 cup walnuts, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
romaine lettuce
cheese of choice ( I used herb and garlic goat cheese, Shredded Italian would be good too.)
Dressing of choice (I used Caesar and it was wonderful. I have also used just balsamic vinegar too)


Directions:


Preheat oven to 350.


Drizzle the chicken breasts with olive oil.  Salt and Pepper the fronts and back of each breast.


In a shallow bowl combine walnuts and rosemary.  Place chicken breast in mixture top side down pressing to coat.  Place in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan coated with cooking spray with top side up.  Repeat with remaining chicken breast.


Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until no longer pink inside.  Slice and place on lettuce with remaining ingredients.  Drizzle with dressing.


Enjoy!




Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment