Thursday, September 1, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins




We *love* these muffins!  I just know you will too!  They are so moist and full of flavor.  There are few things that go as well together as banana and chocolate chips.  I make these at the beginning of the week and we have quick breakfast and snacks throughout the week.  They are always a hit when I bring them or serve them at brunch too.  Who needs a bakery when you can have these at home?  I wish you could hear my baby boy ask for "Nana Mupin".  You'd know why these are constantly around my house. =)  If you are watching what you eat, you can substitute half the butter for applesauce.


Ingredients:


  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt (I always use fat free Greek)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, butter, yogurt and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bananas and chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

Enjoy!
Print this post

1 comment:

  1. And I have ripe bananas! I was going to make the banana bread, but this has Chocolate in it! Can't wait to try it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete