Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sweet and Salty Honey- Cheese Spread



Wow, what a week and half!  We started off with us taking our 4 year old to the emergency last Sunday, then my son got sick, then it hit me!  What can I say, we like to spread the love in our home.  Hopefully we are all on our way to better health.  Now I just need to bleach my house down.  Sometimes, a good cleansing of the house and the soul makes everything new.  My in laws were also in town, so we have been very busy.  I'm glad to be back to sharing some recipes with y'all.  I served this recipe while they were here and it makes a great appetizer.  Perfect for entertaining.  Tangy goat cheese + salty sunflowers + sweet honey = Bliss.  It comes together in 10 minutes, so keep these ingredients on hand and you'll never get caught off guard with surprise guests!

Ingredients:

1 (10.5- oz.) goat cheese log (Found in the specialty cheese section of your grocery store)
1/2 cup roasted, salted sunflower seeds
1/3 cup honey
Assorted crackers

Directions:

Press or roll goat cheese log in roasted sunflower seeds, thoroughly coating cheese, including ends.  Arrange cheese on a serving platter with any remaining sunflower seeds.  Drizzle with honey.  Serve with crackers.

Enjoy! Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment