Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Rosemary Bread



This recipe is for one of my best friends.  (Love ya Sara!) She loves the Rosemary bread at Macaroni Grill so I told her I would work on recreating it.  I think I got it!  This bread is heavenly.  Full of flavor, so moist, and a perfect crisp crust.  Dip it in some olive oil and fresh ground black pepper and you'll swear you have gone out to eat.  You can use dried Rosemary but I do think it's better with fresh.  This goes perfectly with any type of pasta or chicken dish but it also made a great slice of toast to go with my fried egg this morning!


 I know bread making can be intimidating for some so please let me know in the comment section if you have any questions.  I check it often and will be glad to help!  This can be made in the bread machine (dough cycle) or a stand mixer (Kitchen-aid), or by hand.  I never bake bread in my bread machine but I use it often.  I choose the dough cycle, form the loaf when it's done, and then bake it in the oven.  I also always use Instant yeast.  I much prefer it.  I buy SAF Instant yeast and to me it is the best.  I find mine at Sam's.  You can easily find Instant yeast at the grocery store too.  Then there is no need for proofing and it rises much faster.  If you prefer active yeast you will just need to proof it before hand in some warm water.


Ingredients:


1 cup milk (room temperature)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon fresh chopped Rosemary (or dried)
2 1/2 cups bread flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Instant yeast


Directions:


Bread Machine:


Place all ingredients in the bread machine according to the Manufacturer's directions.  Select dough cycle.  When cycle is finished, form dough into a loaf and place in a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Pierce with a fork a couple of times.  Brush with melted butter. Let rise until it has risen above the loaf pan rim by about an inch. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter again.


Kitchen-Aid:


Place all ingredients in bowl fitted with the dough hook.  Knead on 2 until dough forms a ball. Continue kneading until smooth, about 8 minutes.  Shape into a loaf and place in loaf pan.  Pierce with a fork a couple of times.  Brush with melted butter. Let rise until it has risen above the loaf pan rim by about an inch.  Bake as directed above.  Brush with melted butter again.


Enjoy!


Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment