Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Triple Citrus Lemonade



I have lots of big hearty dishes I want to share with you, but I've got to be honest, it's HOT.  It really makes you not so motivated to stand over the stove. Ya know what I mean?  I have been making some kind of fruity drink every afternoon for me and the kids to sip on.  It's so refreshing to sit down to a big glass of lemonade or tea.  This has been one of my favorites. So citrusy (Is citrusy a word?) Sweet and tart at the same time.  Adding the zest makes such a difference, it holds so much of the flavor.  Make your self a pitcher of this and cool off!


Ingredients:
1/2 cup fresh lime juice ( about 4 limes)
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice ( about 4 lemons)
1/2 cup fresh orange juice ( about 1 orange)
1 cup granulated sugar
garnish; fruit slices


Directions:


Take one of the limes, one of the lemons, and the orange and zest them into a pitcher.  Fill a glass measuring cup to the 1/2 cup line.  Microwave for 2 minutes or until boiling.  Pour sugar into the boiling water and stir to dissolve.  Combine juices and sugar water to pitcher.  Add 4 cups cold water.  Can be stored up to 3 days in the refrigerator. 


Enjoy!



Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment