Monday, July 11, 2011

Key Lime Pie





Hope everyone had a great weekend!  I sure did.  I have some great recipes to share with you this week.  Your really not going to believe how easy it is to make this pie.  And what you get in the end is a perfectly creamy, tart homemade pie.  So refreshing this time of year. You can certainly use fresh key limes if you'd like.  I was feeling lazy.  They are very small so it takes a lot to equal 3/4 cup, so I use key lime juice in a bottle that you can find in the produce section of your grocery store. It is very good.  I do make my crust from scratch but it is so easy.  I buy the graham cracker crumbs (I told you I was lazy). This makes enough for a standard 9 inch pie. I accidentally used my deep dish as you can tell from the pic. Oops!  Believe me, it was still edible!  Key lime pie is my brother's favorite so it holds a special place in my heart and in my recipe book. =)



Ingredients

  • 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
  • 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 3/4 cup key lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon grated lime zest






Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lime zest.  Mix well and pour into graham cracker crust.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles burst on the surface of pie. DO NOT BROWN! Chill pie thoroughly before serving. Garnish with lime slices and whipped cream if desired.
Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment