Monday, June 27, 2011

BBQ Shredded Pork

This week it's going to be all about 4th of July!! It's one of my favorite holidays! Our great country's birthday, awesome picnic food, and of course, fireworks! I mean what self respecting country girl don't love her some fireworks?! I will be posting great picnic recipes all week that are perfect for this great holiday. Rather your relaxing at home and want some good grub, needing to bring a great dish to a party, or you are the gracious host, I've got you covered. I had to start with the perfect July 4th food, BBQ! This recipe is so easy it's embarrassing. I cook mine in a slow cooker but it can also be cooked in a dutch oven.

Ingredients:

3-4 pound shoulder pork roast
1 (18 ounce) bottle BBQ sauce
1 (12 ounce) can Coca-Cola

Place pork roast in your slow cooker; pour BBQ sauce and cola over roast.
Cover with lid, and cook on high 6-7 hours or until meat is tender and shreds easily. Serve with extra sauce, if desired.

Enjoy!


Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment