Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spring Salad with Pistachio- Crusted Goat Cheese

I love this salad. I think it is dreamy. I could seriously eat this everyday. I love how the saltiness of the pistachio contrasts with the tang of the goat cheese and the sweetness of the grapes. I serve it with the Herb Vinaigrette on this site an it is a perfect combination and can be used for an array of different salads or as a marinade too. It is also great served with Poppyseed dressing. This is great as a starter for a chicken or pasta dinner or you can add grilled chicken for a main dish salad. The goat cheese balls are a cinch to make. The salad makes a pretty presentation, making it perfect for guests.  Serves 4.


Ingredients:


1/4  cup  shelled dry-roasted pistachios, finely chopped
1/2  cup  (4 ounces) goat cheese ( I used garlic and herb flavor)
1/4  cup  Easy Herb Vinaigrette
  • 1  (5-ounce) package gourmet salad greens or spring lettuce mix
  • 1  cup  seedless red grapes, halved
  • 1/4  teaspoon  freshly ground black pepper


1. Place pistachios in a shallow dish. Divide cheese into 12 equal portions, rolling to form 12 balls. Roll each ball in the pistachios until well coated. Set pistachio-crusted cheese balls aside.
2. Combine Easy Herb Vinaigrette and greens in a large mixing bowl, and toss gently to coat evenly. Divide greens mixture evenly among 4 salad plates. Top each serving with 1/4 cup grapes and 3 cheese balls. ( I use 5, I'm obsessed). Sprinkle salads evenly with pepper, and serve immediately.


Enjoy!







Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment