Friday, March 11, 2011

Filet Wedge Salad

I use to love steak, I mean love. When I was pregnant with my first born I went two weeks past my due date. The Dr. said he was would induce me on a Saturday. The night before I decided I wanted a big juicy steak and baked potato. I guess I felt like it was kind of a last meal sort of thing. So we went out to eat and I stuffed myself. The next morning we headed to the hospital and I was pumped with meds to start the delivery. When the contractions started I got terribly sick. To much to eat the night before and horrible contractions, not a good combination. I did not eat steak again for 10 years. No I am not kidding. When I got pregnant with my 3rd child, a bouncing baby boy, I craved steak so much. I gave in. Man, I'm glad I did! Now I'm back on the bandwagon baby!  I always order this salad at a famous steak restaurant. It's so easy to make at home. Not to mention I get a way bigger portion of steak! I love the combination of steak and blue cheese. I always marinade our steaks in Dale's seasoning. It's a very popular marinade in the south. It has been around for ages. It is really the best! They sell it in supermarkets and I have even seen it in the North! I call it a Filet salad but any cut of steak you like will do. It even gets my husband to eat greens!

Indredients:

Steaks
4 steak fillets
3/4 cup Dale's (Or enough to cover steaks)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
Fresh ground black pepper

Salad
1 head iceburg lettuce
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
1/4 cup chopped red onion
4 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
1 roma tomato, chopped (Or you can use cherry toamtoes)
Blue Cheese dressing
Salt and Pepper to taste

Marinade the steak and the seasonings for at least 30 mins. in a shallow bowl or large plastic bag. Refrigerate until ready to cook. You may grill or bake the filets. If you bake the filets it is best to sear them first (3 minutes on each side) the bake them in the oven until your desired level of doness.

While the steak is cooking assemble the salad. Cut the lettuce into four equal pieces. Top with tomato, red onion, bacon, and blue cheese crumbles. Serve with blue cheese dressing and your juicy steak!

Enjoy!

Notice my husbands wedge is just covered in bacon. =)
Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment