Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Bouquets

With Valentine's Day quickly approaching I decided it was time for some sweet recipes. I made one of these bouquets for each of my children. They already ate them so I guess I will be making more for the actual holiday. They are super easy to make and really a darn tasty little treat. My husband has been out of town all week. =( So I have done very little gourmet cooking. It was more about surviving. When the cats away the little mice will play and try to get away with as much as possible.  Anyways, I have some great recipes planned for y'all in lieu of Valentine's Day. I have a decadent breakfast recipe that you can make your loved one this weekend and serve them in bed. (That ought score some points, huh?) A gourmet dinner to wow them with, a fabulous dessert, and a chocolate sugar cookie that will keep you out of the dog house for years to come. My husband and I will be celebrating our anniversary this weekend so I will post the dinner on Sunday. I have always said I show love through food. It really is a great way to say "I love you". Don't want to sit in a busy restaurant on Monday? Make your honey a romantic meal at home.



Ingredients:
1 bag of pretzel rods
regular and white chocolate almond bark
Valentine’s Day themed sprinkle candies

1. Melt almond bark in microwave according to package directions. Dip pretzels in chocolate. We spooned the chocolate onto the pretzels to get the pretzels more covered in the chocolate.
2. Sprinkle with candy sprinkles right after dipping pretzels in chocolate. Lay on wax or parchment paper and let harden.

Enjoy!
By the way, I got these cute little vases at the dollar store.



Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment