Thursday, January 20, 2011

Chocolate "Saved" Cookies

Must.................have.................chocolate. Ever have one of those days? Ya know, the kind where only something gooey and chocolate with a tall glass of wine milk will do. Well I have them. Not often, but I have them. Who am I kidding? I have them all the time. =) That is where this recipe comes in. These are rich, gooey chocolate pieces of heaven. Thus the name. They were actually called chocolate sin cookies, but my kids and  I renamed them. They are to good to be sinful. After all, every good and perfect gift comes from above. I think the sin in the name comes from the cayenne pepper that is optional in these cookies. I have never put it in. I think it would be a great addtion and chocolate and spice is the new rage. However, I have three kids and I don't think they would dig the the new trend. If any of you try it, let me know I would love to hear how it tastes. Either way, try these cookies, you won't be sorry!

Ingredients:

21/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 12-ounce package semisweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and if desired, cayenne pepper; set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined. Beat in vanilla. Add flour mixture; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool, if you can control yourself.

Enjoy!



Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment